Please share this story, of Police Abuse and evidence tampering www.friscopaul.blogspot.com
You can read the grounds for new trial below (definitely worth the read), but you must take a look at the Latest News. It's beyond bizarre!
Latest News on Case:
July 2014- Ex-Officer Greer resigned and was dishonorably discharged for sexual misconduct with a rape victim who later turned up murdered. He was also decertified for any testimony, endangering hundreds of cases.
Frisco Texas did an “audit” of cases he worked on (so they could feign responsible behavior) and found 3 more instances of sexual misconduct but clearly failed to look at other improprieties. Why? Because in Paul Bailey's Case, the city has major liability in that not only was evidence tampered with, but the police assisted the bogus 911 caller with a theft of Mr. Bailey's home. The "erased evidence" (deemed "criminally altered" by one of the experts we had look at the evidence) from Greer's lapel mic proving Bailey's innocence was recently recovered (after trial and incompetent legal assistance) from the car audio as well. Detective Debra Stansell (who Bailey hoped to have testify) showed up dead to suspicious circumstances just a few weeks before trial.
Sept 2014- The city attorney (Rebecca Hendricks Brewer) was also recently arrested for cutting her boyfriend and shooting out his windshield. She was formerly married to the 366th Judge Greg Brewer who abruptly resigned 2 days after Bailey was arrested. They are now divorced. What does he know ?
By the way, we're not sure if this should be a comedy or a drama!
Note to Readers: Please note that since Mr. Bailey's Writ of Habeas was filed, several issues must clearly be understood:
1) The primary witness Detective Debra Stansell was unable to testify due to her untimely and suspicious death (officially ruled a suicide).
2) The primary witness that testified former detective Scott Greer:
a. has been Dishonorably discharged from the Frisco Police Department for sexual misconduct with a rape victim whose case he was assigned who later became a murder victim, prompting Texas Rangers to begin looking at the case.
b. Secondly he has been barred as a witness for the prosecution which has affected hundreds of cases.
c. Frisco PD only conducted an "audit" for the cases he was assigned to in the criminal investigation division, NOT for cases he worked on as a patrol officer (which would have included Mr. Bailey's case). Please also note that they apparently were fixated on finding additional sexual misconduct, not OTHER TYPES of misconduct or malfeasance (as we will show in the following discussion). We believe this reflects obvious malfeasance/cover up by the Frisco Police Department on covering up at least some of their employee misconduct.
d. From the following article we highlight and quote Greer's own admission of additional sexual malfeasance):
"Greer testified at a hearing Monday that he had sex one time with the victim in a pending misdemeanor assault case. He also testified he had sex with the mother of a defendant after charges against her son were dropped. In addition, he said he met the mother of a victim in a sexual assault case at a hotel for sex."
3) The Frisco City Attorney Rebecca Brewer was arrested for cutting her boyfriend and shooting out his car window.
Texas Rangers aren't interested in looking into Detective Debra Stansell's suspicious "suicide" since they don't "have the manpower" and they don't like my blog! Hellooooo- there wouldn't need to be a blog had anyone done their jobs-including my court-appointed public pretenders, Gregg Gibbs, Mark Ledbetter, and the latest, Stephanie Hudson- who won't contact me despite my requests!
The following is the Writ of Habeas that I and my team of volunteers compiled and the links to the documents supporting this writ follow.
(c) wait for backup,
(d) nor did he announce himself as a police officer when he entered Applicant’s property and approached Applicant’s home.
(e) have a warrant nor consent to enter Applicant’s property,
(f) have probable cause to do so,
(g) note any exigent circumstances present, and
(h) note problems. He stated in Police Report that Applicant was watching TV and drinking a beer (meaning no problems observed).
- Report did not state the evidence of tampering.
- Joe’s report did not synchronize the two audios properly and detect that Officer Greer's testimony was false considering the scientific impossibility of him being where he said he was that is, near Applicant’s door.
- Further, Joe’s report did not state that Officer Greer expressly mentioned that Applicant did not know that the person on his property was a police officer.
- The report also did not state that no gunshot was audible from Officer Greer’s lapel audio transmitter and that the audio recording only picked up static, not the sound of a gunshot. The gunshot was recorded in the car audio 100+ feet away and WAS recorded on the car audio.
- Joe's report did not state why his report was so radically different from the text messages originally sent to Counsel Raphael DeLagarza and Applicant.
- Counsel deliberately misled Applicant by stating the sound on lapel mic recording was a gunshot, when it was static background noise and not the sound of gunshot.
- Trial counsel ignored the fact that Joe’s initial texts to previously counsel, Raphael Delagarza were different from the final report.
- Applicant’s counsel failed to question about the 5 minute blanked spot where there is no audio in the Claussen Video.
- Counsel failed to question Joe about the syncing of the lapel & car videos and investigate the missing gunshot on the lapel mic, which would have proven that Greer was not where he said he was and that no assault occurred.
- Applicant’s counsel did not challenge the State’s failure to provide ALL evidence to Applicant before trial. In fact, to this day, much evidence has still been withheld despite the Attorney Generals directive to turn it over to Applicant.
- Counsel ignored Officer Greer’s multiple breaches of police protocol. Counsel failed to question the credibility of the 911 emergency dispatch caller which evidenced that the caller while stating he was out of state was, in fact, in Fort Worth, Texas.
- When Prosecutors showed a timeline “showing” that communication for several hours occurred with Applicant, Applicant asked counsel to object because it was not supported by forensic evidence, Mark Ledbetter told his Client to “Shut the (expletive) up”.
- Counsel did not point that Greer's recorded statements impeached his testimony when he stated that “I don't think he could see me though” and “Have Dispatch call the RP (reporting party) and have him call him and tell him it's the (expletive) Police!”
- Applicant’s counsel further accepted the position during questioning at trial that the erased portion of the recording was a glitch, rather than tampered evidence. Counsel failed to ask Greer why a beep occurred prior to blank 4 second spot if he never turned off his mic, thereby proving that the altering party knew the idiosyncrasies of the L3 Mobile Vision System, but did NOT know (at time of tampering) that Greer's testimony regarding his routine would contradict the beep and blanked out spot.
- Counsel failed to obtain witnesses, experts, analysis that could have assisted in a competent defense. Counsel failed to provide the court with police reports of the police assisted theft that occurred after Applicant was arrested.
- Counsel refused to raise Applicant's strategy of defense even though he confirmed his agreement (to the court) to utilize this strategy. It is for this reason and this reason only that Applicant agreed to have him represent him.
- Counsel failed to introduce Son's arrest and incarceration record, Multiple threats and text to “leave his stuff outside” as support for the state of mind of the Applicant.
- Counsel failed to point out the fraudulent, retroactively altered “original” indictment and ask why would an indictment time-stamped almost 18 months prior to the Motion to Amend with the exact same font and phraseology, need to be “amended”?
- Counsel failed to point out that in no way, is Applicant responsible for the bogus 911 call made by his son to 911, or the 911 Operator and Police making no less than five (5) critical errors in their duties which led up to the event.
1) The first file is the Habeas Cover Sheet required by the State of Texas.
2) The 2nd file, continues the motion.
3) The 3rd through 7th files are attachments and evidence.
Collin County District Attorney Used and Endorsed Tampered Evidence at Trial, Frisco Detective Dishonorable Discharge. Debra Stansell suspicious suicide, Frisco Texas Police assisted Theft of Citizen, Frisco Texas Police Assisted Theft of Citizen Paul Bailey, Frisco Texas Attorney Rebecca Brewer arrested for cutting boyfriend and shooting out his car window, Ex Frisco PD Detective Scott Greer Dishonorably Discharged and Decertified from testimony in two counties, Collin County District Attorney Greg Willis used and endorsed tampered evidence in the Paul Bailey Trial